Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Revisiting Valentine's Day - A New Cause - Part 3

Part 1

Once Tuesday rolled around, none of those lawyers were in their offices. Because they had been off for several days everyone was in court making up for lost time. By the end of the day on Tuesday my grandson had still not spoken with one live person in the legal profession about this case and that is pretty much how the week progressed.

The difficulties I see for grandson were in not making progress. The negativity of that felt like running into a wall for him. Getting no response or getting responses from lawyers that they couldn't help were a barrier that stopped him cold. This just left him stumped. Not getting a human being on the phone to even talk to see if they could help, to ask for information in figuring out the next step or request referrals, was grueling.

When his mother would come home from work she would question him about the day's results. They would try to form another plan that my grandson could begin again in the morning.

This is how it went all the way through to Friday. By the time my daughter came home from work, my grandson still did not have a lawyer. He had finally talked to a woman lawyer who was too overbooked to take the case. She had given him the phone number to a Pierce County office whose job was to oversee adoptions, to be sure that everything was above board and going by the letter of the law. My grandson called that number and had gotten an answering machine. At least that was better than all the calls he'd made and gotten absolutely nothing.

My daughter decided to call this Pierce County office again, but she too got a recording. She left the number and a brief synopsis of the problem including the name of my grandson. Five minutes later a real live person called back from the county office. The woman had been on her way out the door when she had heard the message come in.

The woman recognized my grandson's name as one of those on her desk She called back immediately knowing that people's hearts were in the balance. For the first time in this in a week my daughter and grandson breathed a sigh of relief.

To be continued.................

Part 4


Kahless said...

the suspense of not knowing is making me anxious and I am not involved! I hope you have a clearer picture of what is what now.

Enola said...

I'm glad you finally got someone. Keep us updated

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Finally, someone to at least listen!

Lynn said...

Finally - someone who can help. This run around reminds me of how it feels for me trying to help my son.

Kahless said...

The littles of JIP have written a fantastic post and made an artistic impression of what you look like. It is very cool and good and worth a visit! :-)

Angel said...

Thank goodness he found someone to represent him. I can't wait to read the next installment.