Friday, December 12, 2008
10 Honest Things
Kahless gave me this.........
And with this award, I'm supposed to list 10 honest things about myself
1. I'm a perfectionist. Even though I know it's not possible to be perfect, I still strive for perfection. I am able to not hold it against myself that I can't achieve it, however, which is more than I could do 20 years ago.
2. I'm a glass is half full kind of person. I used to be a half empty person before therapy and I think this particular change has been the most important one to keep me on track.
3. I'm somewhat of a klutz. Despite the fact I've always been very athletic, I can trip over something that isn't even there.
4. Some days I just want to be lazy..........to sit in a chair, stare at the wall, be taken care of, and not have to be responsible for anything or anyone.
5. I am a hopeless romantic. There's nothing I love more than a sappy movie or book with the traditional predictable ending about life and love. I look for those kinds of stories everywhere in life. I think it's part of what keeps me going even when times get tough.
6. I can shut down and put up walls faster than anyone I know.......or probably ever will know.
7. I am very closed minded about new kinds of food. I like what I like and rarely try anything new. Boring.....................
8. As much as I love chocolate, I'm closed minded about it too. I have very specific likes and dislikes about chocolate. I tend to love very expensive chocolates and I prefer milk chocolate. I will even pass on chocolate no matter how much I crave it if it isn't what I like. Thankfully, good ole Hershey's is one of my favorites..........but I also loooooooove See's Candies about every kind of milk chocolate confection they can come up with...........oh and Boehm's Chocolates "ain't" half bad either......from there on the price tags just keep going up and up............
9. I have a love hate relationship with Christmas. I hate the shopping and having to figure out what to buy for everyone, not to mentions where in the heck I'm going to get the money to do all this shopping, but I love the look on some one's face when I have gotten them something that has really touched them.
10. I hate to look in the mirror. I will always see my mother looking back at me, no matter how hard I try not to.
11. I really like people..........although I haven't quite figured out what to do with them yet. I know that's one more than I needed but for some reason I just felt it was important to get that one in..............
So I guess I'm supposed to this on so let's see about JIP and Enola